Sunday, January 10, 2010

Computer Benchmark Test How Do I Test A Computer For Performance?

How do I test a computer for performance? - computer benchmark test

I have a friend who sold the modem, and I just wanted to know how to tell if everything is in full swing, if I buy the computer before you.

Here are the specifications:

Dell Dimension 8400

P4 3GHz CPU w / HT
2GB RAM @ 533Mhz
2x320GB HDD (s)
256 MB video card - nVidia 8600GT PCIe
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
2xDVD R / W Optical Disk Drives
Integrated 1GB NIC

Comes with XP Home Edition and Media Center Recovery CDs (What's the difference between these operating systems, is the best?)

I just want to be sure everything is working properly. I heard a reference to test, what is it? Is this something I could do to ensure that equipment is working properly? Each test can I do to ensure that the project is full of virus may also help. Thank you. -Ken

5 comments:

sheed303... said...

download a benchmark program

Yahoo takes the piss! said...

Vista has built something for you. If you do not use with Vista to have a program called the Si-Soft Sandra ... I'm not 100% sure if your tour, but still online, have a look ... you never know! : D

sashawhi... said...

Benchmark:

brenniew... said...

Bring you to a computer store with confidence that the information

Mark M said...

The first question, the RAM .. I use the same processor and my RAM 400 MHz .. The Pentium 4 is [531] .. 3.0 GHz / /
Take a look at the existing system program [F-2] .., he must explain the RAM on the CPU [Article] ..
===
He said that his use of the 2-Disc .. by providing a variety of PC data cable does not really work well in this configuration .. Consideration of SATA cable ..
===
I use the same Creative sound card .. This is not Vista (Windows) ..
.. and 2-optical configuration is not real () ..
===
OS ./...
.. who knows .. You see if a reinstall of them ..
.. as for the Media Center operating system .. A few years .. Been delivered, I must buy a computer and operating system - is .. as a Media Center PC ..//..
===
Dell Dimension 8400 ... My first computer was a ... 2350 I undressed and built a copy of the Dell Dimension 4700 / ..
===
I go to the Dell Web site .. .. and look that up /.
===
... That's what I found ...

Processor
Intel ® Pentium ® 4 with HT Technology

NOTE:Not all Pentium 4 processors supporting Hyper-Threading.

Level 1 (L1) cache
16 KB

Level 2 (L2 or L3)
512 KB, 1 MB or 2 MB (depending on your computer configuration) pipelined-burst, eight-way set associative, write-back SRAM



Memory
Type
400 - and 533-MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Memory connectors
four
Storage
128 -, 256 -, 512 - or 1-GB non-ECC
Maximum Memory
4 GB
===
As for his performance ..
Pentium 4 is an excellent ..
I prefer Kingston RAM .. so that the Dell brand is memory (not one of my favorites) ...
Seems to have a single SATA cable .. I think that for the C: / .. to go if a second drive is connected, via - Connectivity Plan .. not really a good configuration ... We had to throw (junk) ..
It has PCI-Express .. .. It's decent
===
The original 350 watt power supply ..
This is not very good for running--2/HDDs /
.. or 2-Optical .. I wonder about the quality of2-Optical ..
===
I want to say something ---
Perhaps - $ 200 (USD) .. if it is still all-DELL.

Post a Comment